Child dies, mother in hospital after consuming soft drink



By Karunaratne Pallegama (Bandarawela Corr)


A child died and his mother was hospitalized in a critical condition on Saturday in Wellawaya after they consumed a bottled soft drink. Initial investigations have revealed that the one-year-and-nine-month-old child’s father had brought home two bottles of soft drink and the two victims had shared one of them. Those who consumed the contents of the other bottle were safe.


The deceased was Vithanage Denuvan Sathsara of Keeriyagolla, Randeniya in Wellawaya.


The victims had developed an allergy after consuming the drink. The child’s mother, Sriyani Wijesundera (24) was undergoing treatment at the Moneragala Hospital and her condition was crucial, hospital sources said.


 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
animated gif
Processing Request
Please Wait...