Food poisoning: 34 teachers, students hospitalisedJuly 27, 2012, 9:19 pm
Text and pic by Suranga Dilhan, Gampola Corr
A group of 34 teachers and students of Ranamure Vidyalaya at Pallegama in Matale were admitted to the Gampola Teaching Hospital with food poisoning yesterday.
The group was on an educational excursion to Haggala Botanical Gardens in Nuwara Eliya. Among the patients admitted were 24 girls, seven boys and three teachers, according to hospital sources.
The teachers and students had consumed their dinner after visiting the botanical gardens and some had developed symptoms of food poisoning such as stomachaches and vomiting. They were rushed to hospital around 11 pm on Thursday.
Their condition was not serious, sources said.
Gampola police are conducting further investigations.
What’s Sri Lanka’s best overseas Test win?
Last Updated May 25 2013 | 03:45 pm