Dinner at Kovil turns into nightmare for 131



article_image

By Madhura Ranwala and Don Asoka Wijewardena


An almsgiving at a Hindu temple in Hatton on Monday night turned into a nightmare for 131 people including a number of children.


Those who partook of the food distributed by the temple suddenly took ill and had to be admitted to Glandon hospital, where they were treated for food poisoning.


Of the 131 patients, 31 had been admitted to Hatton-Dickoya hospital with severe abdominal pains, vomiting and diarrhoea.


All the patients had been discharged following medication by yesterday evening.


Sources said that packets of food distributed by the temple contained rice, dhal and potato.


The samples of the food were taken by the MOH to be tested.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
animated gif
Processing Request
Please Wait...