Hakeem says Parliament ‘lopsided’, favours early general election
SLMC sets Nov 15 deadline to finalise talksOctober 1, 2014, 12:00 pm
SLMC leader and Justice Minister, Rauff Hakeem yesterday said that his party preferred a parliamentary election ahead of the next presidential election.
Hakeem was responding to a query by The Island. Asked what would be his position in case the SLFP called for a snap presidential poll early next year, the Justice Minister said that his party would look at it, though he preferred a general election first.Read More...
- Pakistan Naval Ships in Sri Lanka on a Goodwill visit
- Drought:1/3 of paddy harvest destroyed, 770,000 in distress
- Lightning kills four in South
- US visa lottery opens
- UNICEF expresses appreciation of SL efforts to prevent child abuse
- Police: 550 drown this year
- Hospitalised child comes 45th at Scholarship exam
- Modi and Obama: Forward together we go!
- Fresh bid to help northern farmers and fishermen
- Await Breaking News
What’s Sri Lanka’s best overseas Test win?
Last Updated Oct 01 2014 | 10:47 pm