GL: Probe role of doctor, prof. in bogus asylum seekers’ network
Lankan got himself tortured by doctor placing hot iron rods on his backApril 23, 2017, 12:00 pm
Former External Affairs Minister Prof. G. Peiris yesterday told The Island that a recent British Court of Appeal ruling that a Sri Lankan asylum seeker had got a doctor to inflict grievous injuries in a bid to deceive British authorities should prompt a wider investigation into unsubstantiated allegations levelled those seeking asylum against the Sri Lankan military.
The Court of Appeal has identified the 35-year-old claimant only by the initials KV. The British Court of Appeal rejected his appeal.Read More...
- The 24th commemoration of former Minister Lalith Athulathmudali
- Remittances from West Asia take a dip
- Finance Minister Ravi Karunanayake speaking to World Bank Vice Chairman
- SL to host Regional Meeting of Young Parliamentarians-Asia Pacific
- Govt buildings on verge of collapse
- Sri Lanka’s ambition to be economic, political hub, discussed with Germany
- Await Breaking News..
Last Updated Apr 24 2017 | 07:20 am