Ven. Ratana: Govt. has reneged on its promises
Hambantoa deal has irked IndiaJanuary 16, 2017, 12:00 pm
National list MP and Head of Pivithuru Hetak Organisation Ven. Athulraliye Ratana Thera yesterday admitted that the government had not fulfilled its pre-election promises and what the masses should do was not to topple the government, but to make it fulfil its pledges.
"Today, I am an independent MP striving to bring about a radical change in the country politically, economically and socially, which should have taken place many years ago," the monk said.
Addressing journalists at the Sri Lanka Foundation, the former Jathika Hela Urumaya stalwart said: "I have formed a potent force, a broad national force, consisting of specialists in different fields, scholars, intellectuals etc., to bring the country on the right track and arrest the rot in politics."Read More...
- ELVIS FOREVER TRIBUTE TO THE KING
- Cattle rustlers fined Rs. 50,000 each
- Namal’s counsel tells SC his client ready to make necessary statements
- Youth Climate Summit from January 20-22
- Woman suffers severe cut injuries: Former hubby arrested
- India’s richest 1% hold over half of the country’s total wealth!
- Await Breaking News
- Await Hot News
Last Updated Jan 16 2017 | 09:56 pm