Govt. won’t stop foreign borrowings
‘SL obtained lowest interest rate for 10-year int’l sovereign bond May 15’July 1, 2015, 10:08 pm
Central Bank Governor Arjuna Mahendran yesterday said that it would be in Sri Lanka’s economic interests to continue with government borrowings both onshore and offshore, in order to preserve the continued momentum of economic growth and to re-affirm the strong positive image in the minds of lending institutions that Sri Lanka was fast becoming a mature democracy where political events did not unduly affect the workings of her rapidly evolving economic structure.
The Governor was responding to our news report headlined ‘Halt foreign borrowings till polls are over – Opposition’ in yesterday’s edition of The Island on the basis of a statement made by Prof. Peiris.Read More...
- Two member snatch gang nabbed; gold chains worth Rs. 3 million recovered
- CMC Veterinary Dept handicapped by shortage of staff –– top official
- Pakistan will continue to support Sri Lankan youth’s nation building capacities: High Commissioner Hussain
- Tamil Nadu village had trade links with Rome over 2,000 years ago!
- Incumbent Diyawadane Nilame to act for three more months
Which Sri Lankan cricketer should be inducted into ICC Hall of Fame first?
No breaking news available.