Canada confirms arrest, won’t release details
UK’s Canadian informant in custody over heroin charge:April 17, 2014, 12:00 pm
Confirming the arrest of a Canadian passport holder of Sri Lankan origin in connection with the ongoing high profile investigation into an abortive bid to smuggle in 36 kilos of heroin to Sri Lanka during the first week of March 2014, the Canadian government said that it was seeking additional information.
Spokesperson for the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development, Béatrice Fénelon said: "Canadian officials are providing consular services to a Canadian citizen who has been detained in Colombo. Consular officials are in contact with local authorities to gather additional information. To protect the privacy of the individual concerned, further details on this case cannot be released."Read More...
- Land deeds for Mahaweli families
- All army personnel to undergo crash course on dangerous drugs
- Let there be transparency in Law College admissions, prelate tells Hakeem
- ‘Philosophical Kovil’, a spiritual landmark in Lanka
- PSM accuse Health Ministry of delaying promotions
- Gayoom in Colombo to attend Commonwealth,New Year celebrations
- More arrests to crackdown on Gopi’s ring?
- Student protests against shortening of AHS degree to intensify
- Await Breaking News
What’s Sri Lanka’s best overseas Test win?
Last Updated Apr 17 2014 | 11:08 pm