Rs. 371 mn more for politicos’ vehiclesMarch 24, 2017, 10:11 pm
The government yesterday submitted a supplementary estimate seeking the approval of the House for Rs. 371 million (Rs. 371,097,000) to purchase nine vehicles for ministers and deputy ministers.
The estimate was presented to the House by Chief Government Whip Parliamentary Reforms and Mass Media Minister Gayantha Karunathilake.
Accordingly, the approval has been sought for the allocation of Rs. 39,897,000 to acquire a vehicle for the Minister of Education, Rs. 42,000,000 to purchase a vehicle for Deputy Chairmen of Committees in Parliament, Rs. 82,000,000 to purchase two vehicles for the minister and deputy minister of Ministry of Health, Nutrition and Indigenous Medicine, Rs. 40,000,000 to purchase a vehicle for the minister of plantation industries, Rs. 38,200,000 to purchase a vehicle for the Sports Minister, Rs 43,000,000 to purchase a vehicle for the Deputy Minister of Parliamentary Reforms and Mass Media, and Rs. 86,000,000 to purchase two vehicles for the minister and state minister of Industry and Commerce.Read More...
- National Moot Court Competition
- Batticaloa district deprived local polls for four years
- Madushan, Diliesha roll over Sumangala
- Speaker looks askance at unparliamentary conduct of some MPs
- Repeater shotgun stolen from state bank
- Perpetual Treasuries writ application against Monetary Board postponed to March 30
- Case against Johnston fixed for June 3
- Ex- President extends B’day wishes to PM
- SLMC acts against another private medical college
- BCIS event on March 25
- Kandy Girls’ High School holds drumming and dancing concert
- Indian Supreme Court to go paperless!
- Sonia, Rahul return home as Congressmen clamour for change
- Mukesh Ambani heads list of 101 Indian billionaires
- PM will have busy New Year schedule abroad
- Govt. politicos rob Hambantota soil
- Agriculture faculty first year commences on March 27
- Await Breaking News
- Await Hot News
Last Updated Mar 24 2017 | 09:21 pm