CBSL ups key interest rates in wake of US Fed. Reserve's rate hikeMarch 24, 2017, 7:38 pm
The Central Bank's Monetary Board decided to increase key policy interest rates of the Standing Deposit Facility Rate (SDFR) and the Standing Lending Facility Rate (SLFR) by 25 basis points each.
"Accordingly, SDFR and SLFR will be increased to 7.25 per cent and 8.75 per cent,respectively, with effect from March 24 because we were compelled to increase them because of the US Federal Reserve Bank's rate hike at 0.50, coupled with results of the country's drought condition. If not it would create a major economic crisis, CBSL Governor Dr. Indrajith Coomaraswamy said at the CBSL's monthly review meeting at Central Bank Auditorium yesterday.Read More...
- RIL Property Limited - IPO Investor Forum ends on a high note
- Jones Lang LaSalle cements Sri Lankan presence with new WTC office
- Clarks together with Dsi opens 3rd store
- DIMO launches tyre and battery mobile service
- ‘Kohetath Kalin Kohatath Kalin’ Avurudu with NDB
- Colombo Shopping Festival, the shopper’s paradise
Last Updated Mar 24 2017 | 09:21 pm