Carson’s chief hopeful that business unfriendly budget policies will be reviewedAugust 1, 2015, 7:32 pm
Some of the tax proposals presented in the National Budget early this year is considered business unfriendly, Mr. Tilak de Zoysa, Chairman of Carson Cumberbatch PLC has stated in the company’s recently released annual report though he has expressed confidence that the government will review some of these proposals based on the representations made by the Chambers of Commerce on behalf of the private sector.
Carson’s which is a multinational conglomerate with oil palm plantations in Indonesia controlling a land bank of 80,000 hectares there and a total land bank of 150,000 hectares, produced over a million MT of fresh fruit bunches (FFB) and 230,000 MT of crude palm oil (CPO) during the financial year 2014/15.
The group also operates a specialty oils and fats manufacturing business in Malaysia and a palm oil refinery in India and has extensive oil palm plantation interests in Malaysia. Carsons has said in their annual report that they will continue to explore investment and partnership opportunities across South and South East Asia, growing their presence, expanding their reach and delivering increasing value to all stakeholders they serve.Read More...
- "Natuzzi" Italia Luxury Furniture Opens Exclusive Flagship Store In Colombo
- Ceylinco Life Sales Officers win 5 NASCO Awards
- Axis Communications SignsTYAX (Private) Ltd. as Distributors for Sri Lanka and Maldives
- Abans receives HP Best Direct Retail Partner Award
- Mitsui Sumitomo, of Japan enters the local market thru’ Ceylinco Insurance
- HNB Assurance ‘Official Insurance Partner’ for SLIM Brand Excellence 2015
- Modern Computer Lab donated to Cp/Hk Vidyakara Maha Vidyalaya
- CSR Project Completed at Kalubowila General Hospital by Sports & Welfare Club of Berjaya Hotel Colombo
- Commercial Bank is Euromoney’s Best Bank in Sri Lanka in 2015
- A celebration of academic brilliance: ANC Awards Night & Graduation Ceremony 2015
- Glow Celebrates 10 years of ‘Beauty from Within’
- Lift Collaborates with MPA - ModaPelle Academy Milano to introduce the Italian Way of Shoe & Bag Design and Construction to Sri Lankan Designers
- Buy-back policy gives drug makers big break
- Booming virgin coconut oil exports benefits Piramal Glass
- Almar Teas celebrates 10th Anniversary
Which Sri Lankan cricketer should be inducted into ICC Hall of Fame first?
Last Updated Aug 01 2015 | 03:55 pm